Trebuchet ms is a humanist sans-serif typeface that looks like apercu font vincent connare designed for the Microsoft organization in 1996. It’s named after the trebuchet, a medieval siege engine. The identify was motivated by using a puzzle question that connare heard at Microsoft headquarters:
trebuchet ms was the font used for the window titles within the home windows XP default theme, succeeding ms sans serif and Tahoma.
Launched gratis by Microsoft as a part of their core fonts for the web package deal, it stays one of the vital fashionable physique text fonts on webpages. It is similar to Verdana font.
Trebuchet MS Font Features
Microsoft refers to trebuchet ms as “an excellent internet design font”, being one in all their “core fonts for the online”. Trebuchet MS is similar to mina rough is included with a couple of products, including the home windows operating method, accessories of the place of the business productivity suite, and internet explorer.
Facets of trebuchet include:
- The splayed edges of the uppercase “m” which form a ten° attitude with a vertical line, paying homage to a tighter variation of Futura.
- It includes bold and light style.
- The form of the tail of the uppercase “q”.
- The bar of the capital “a” is low.
- The shortened tails of the lowercase “e” and the numerals “6” and “9”.
- The hybrid open and looped tail of the lowercase “g”.
- The rounded dots above and the shapes of the lowercase “i” and “j”.
In some models of the font (these shipped with home windows 2000 and early types of internet explorer), the outlet quotation mark personality was once flipped vertically like so, ‟. This error was constant in later models. It can be used as pairing also.